The Green Way to Sustainable Development
The Green Path to Sustainable Development
For the project “Greenway for sustainable development”, funding was obtained through EEA grants 2009-2014, RO 07 Program “Adaptation to climate change”.
Partners in the project:
- The Agency for Environmental Protection Sibiu
- KS – Association of Local and Regional Authorities of Norway
- Sibiu City Hall
- Tîrgu Mureş Town Hall
- Brasov City Hall
- The National Meteorological Administration of Bucharest
- “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu
The project envisages the achievement of the specific objective of increasing the capacity, knowledge and awareness regarding the assessment and reduction of the vulnerability to climate change of the institutions, organizations and the public in the Region 7 Center, through training programs, a post-university course, advertising, by establishing a network of communicators. in the field of adaptation to climate change.
During the project, the following activities were carried out:
- the Strategy and Action Plan on Climate Change Adaptation in the Municipality of Tîrgu Mureş, an administrative-territorial unit that was among the first 3 cities in the country that drafted the strategic document, was carried out;
- 4 training sessions were organized on the issue of adaptation to climate change in vulnerable sectors in Tîrgu Mureş Municipality;
- The “Calea Verde” Caravan was organized as part of the “Climate change, change yourself! Choose adaptation “for public awareness, regarding adaptation to climate change;
- Initiatives have been initiated for carrying out intervention works on increasing the energy efficiency of the building of the Social Center in Tîrgu Mureş and for setting up an Educational Center on adaptation to climate change.
- an automatic weather station was installed at the Corneşti Plateau to obtain data that will contribute to the development of forecasts and warnings, based on numerical weather models, for severe weather events.
Within the RO 07 Program – Adaptation to Climate Change, Tîrgu Mureş Municipality obtained non-reimbursable financing for the project “Education, information and awareness on adaptation to climate change – conditions of sustainable development” – 42,845.20 lei.
The project envisages: reducing human vulnerability and ecosystems to climate change through cooperation and knowledge transfer with similar institutions in Norway at a conference organized in Tîrgu Mureş.