In 2018 work begun at the UCS Technology Center. The main purpose of this center is to train students with modern methods in the dual education system. The center is set up within the former School of Industrial Chemistry Group “Emil Dandea” and includes theoretical and practical training rooms for the fields like:
– mechanical processing on classic machines (lathe, milling machine, drilling machine, grinding machine, etc.)
– mechanical processing on CNC machining centers (3-axis milling machine, lathe, etc.)
– welding (mig-mag, wig, oxyacetylene)
– plasma cutting
– auto mechanichal workshop
– low voltage electrical installations
– automation and smart-home
– radio amateurs room
UCS Tech Center before renovation 2018
UCS Tech Center after renovation 2019
The Cultural-Scientific University, in partnership with the Tîrgu Mureș City Hall, managed in a short time to re-use a location in a wide degradation process. The renovation works included the consolidation, interior and exterior design as well as the sanitary installations. The ground floor space has two new rooms.
UCS Tech Center in process of renovation spring 2019
New classrooms construction spring 2019
In the summer of 2019, with the support of local and international partners, mechanical machining workshops with classic and state-of-the-art machine tools started. In the workshop for mechanical processing are currently installed two state-of-the-art CNCs, from the Haas company. These will be used to prepare trainees, ultimately competitive at the national level.
New machine workshop autumn 2019